I can't believe I remembered to stop my watch. Should've run faster.

Jan 20, 2009

I'm not dead yet

(Monday, 19 January) MLK Day
Showed up at the Rosebowl but didn't run into any of the gangs I thought I would. Ran really easy down the Arroyo to CA and then back up and around the bowl on the trail. I stopped in the middle to see if Susan showed up, and stretching really made me feel a lot better. By the end I was glad I kept going. Nice b-fast at Euro Pain with Ian afterwards.

(Tuesday, 20 January)
Since the legs felt dead yesterday, I just ran easy to the gym and then lifted. I think my leg strength is already getting better. The legs actually felt really good, considering. So, I think I may do a workout tomorrow.

(Wednesday, 21 January)
2k/1600/1200/800/400 on the track. The goal was to have active recovery and keep the pace around 6.30. I did a few seconds walk and then 400m jog in between intervals, and a very short warmup and cool down. There were some slow laps in there, but I mostly stayed on the overall pace I wanted. 8.05 (99/98/99/91), 6.25 (96/98/100/91), 4.51, 3.08 (100/88), 88. It was a good set of distances I thought. In hindsight I would have liked to have done the same workout in my spikes or flats. The 12/8/4 seemed good because I could concentrate on my form, but I wasn't happy with dropping those 1.40 laps in there. Overall, a success after a big lunch and a long day.

(Thursday, 22 January)
Didn't feel like a double duty on the workout front. So, I chilled with the homies down to Lacy and did a diet coke version of their 3 on 2 off times 7. Legs felt okay, but left quad is feeling a little weird since yesterday. Kept it easy. Nice to be around folks, although I think I was a little too charged up for some of the folks.

(Friday, 23 January)
Wow, that burrito I ate for lunch was a mistake! Barely slogged through a grudge match run after work. It was really rainy and dark and a little bleh. It did feel good to lift afterwards, though. The only problem was that I needed to bike home, uphill, at the end of it! I did a little neighborhood schlepp around Blair and back Lacy long. It was pretty good, but I did look forward to stopping for a bathroom break at the park.

(Saturday, 24 January)
Nice run! Legs felt much better than yesterday. Out of bed and out the door in 15 minutes, which was a good change of pace. I ran down and met Susan at Del Mar and we did Lorain over to her house. Then I chilled back home. It was a longer run than I anticipated, especially since it took me about 20 minutes to get back home from Madison. But, I ran easy and felt good - especially since it was cool outside and I had a snack before I left. I thought we were rolling it for most of the run, and it made it a lot easier to have good company. My legs felt really good compared to the last couple days. It was about 11 miles.

(Sunday, 25 January)
Rode down to Seal Beach and back. I took the short way via Longden, which was plenty long (I was so hungry on the way back!). It was nice to listen to the ipod, actually, which made me feel like a hypocrite because I always make ruthless fun of those people. So, I rocked out, rode hard, had a good time. I do still gotta fix the bars on that bike; maybe next week. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2517294

No comments: