I can't believe I remembered to stop my watch. Should've run faster.

Oct 10, 2008

Starting to get ready for multis!

(Monday, 6 October)

Lorain, very easy. It was really hot outside! I'm looking forward to the better-running weather of the fall, honestly. I got really tired. 

(Tuesday, 7 October)
We did a new, mid-season themed version of the hill medley. It started with the downhill (almost) mile on SM. Then, the Oxford hill plus the flat-ish next block. Then, Patton plus a few flat blocks before it. Then, Shenandoah ending at the roundabout. Finally, we did Circle drive around to the top of Shenandoah repeats. 

The idea was that we wanted to have the strong effort and strength building of hills while also getting the legs rolling. I think it worked; I nipped at the heels of the middle group. I think it was a good break from timed reps, too. 

(Wednesday, 8 October) 
I felt crappy this morning, so I ran easy on the NF with Laura for 35 minutes or so. Pretty chill. 

(Thursday, 9 October)
5x650s with 3 min rest at Lacy around the inner loop. It was a fast/race pace or above type of workout. I ran with Sylvia 2.30s (about 6.30 pace). She's really moving up. And the long rest felt great! 

Normally I wouldn't have done something like this, but I did trick them a little. I told them that we were only doing 1, and then after the first one I told them that we were doing 4 more and that they had to hold the same pace. I felt so trickerish! But it did seem to get some good results. 

(Friday, 10 October)
AM: ran Big Brown with Ian, who almost got himself gored by a lusty-horned deer. We did a tad to the Millard Campground sign, and then came down el Prieto. It felt nice to do a long run since it had been a while since I did a long run, but it may have been more consterning than normal because Ian was there, and in comparison it seems like I was working really hard. I'm not sure I liked el Prieto, actually, because even though it was shorter (which is good) I almost rolled my ankle a couple of times. Possibly this is just because I was being careless? Anyways, you couldn't really get rolling at all. 

PM: really easy trail run at the Rosebowl for TGIF. It was really fun, I think people had a good time. 

(Saturday, 11 October)
Rosebowl tempo loop. I ran 21.35 with Sylvia, who was looking real good. Fun times! I drove there with Best and Qinren, but the rest of the gang ran there. It was really good running weather actually; a little chilly for once! 

(Sunday, 12 October)
I ran a little bit of the LB marathon with Gus, who stomped on the competition with a 2.53! So, so cool to see. It really made me want to run a marathon. But maybe I was swayed by how great he looked, even at the end. I chilled with Morgan, which was totally sweet, and then we brought Gus some sparkly which went straight to my brain. Sweet!

No comments: