I can't believe I remembered to stop my watch. Should've run faster.

May 29, 2009

Fun times

Monday, 25 May

Tuesday, 26 May
Ran for a bit on the south field, waiting for a lane in the pool. How dumb sounding is that? Anyways, I rocked out the Frees, did some drills and strides, then I hopped in the water and got all splishy splashy. I did more drills with the buoy but also tried to swim a bit more. My arms didn't get as tired as before - cool. The head lifeguard said I looked like I knew what I was doing as much as the next Sheila, which made me feel awesome.

Wednesday, 27 May
Rode down to Carlsbad to hang out with Gustavo since he's a bum and doesn't work (just kidding, Gus.) Seriously, what a treat. The weather was great - overcast but not too cool, not too much traffic, and my legs felt pretty good (other than my left knee which was a little funky on the inside occasionally). I rode the newly-rebuilt KHS, which is riding great. The pannier worked out okay too, so I have more confidence for taking more tour-y trips in the near future.

When I arrived I was treated to a delish and complex meal of fish, rice, brussels sprouts with bacon.... all sorts of goodness.

I want to go to Brasil now... especially with Gus - he rocks it! Freakin' beaches and dancing and eating amazing foods! YES!

Thursday, 28 May
Tooled around Carlsbad by the beach with Gustavo. Legs were feeling a little slow, but no majorly sore spots and the left knee felt fine. Overall this trip was just a nice change of scenery - which I needed.

Friday, 29 May
Went out and down Craig to Chaucer/Euston/Shenandoah to the gym. Did some gas exchange stuff, lunges, lifting. Then I ran back home. Just chilled the whole time, was thinking a lot about lunch.

Saturday, 30 May
Swam for about 40 minutes, then aqua jogged for 10 (doing underwater drilly stuff). It was a nice prelude for the all-sports banquet, which was very enjoyable. I ate cake and everything.

Afterwards my tummy was a little upset though. Guess I'm not too used to drinking cola or something.

Sunday, 31 May
Long run. Pretty epic; my right armpit was crazy chafed the last few miles so I was running crazy. I took it pretty easy for the most part; I rolled through the JPL trail part and then ate my snack (half a clif bar) and gave myself a few blocks to digest. After that, I picked it up a bit for a few miles between Marengo and Allen on Altadena. I'd guess the pace was something around 7:40. Then I just trotted it home.

I was pretty tapped by the end; I lost 4.2 pounds of water (almost 2L?!). That seems like a lot.

No comments: