I can't believe I remembered to stop my watch. Should've run faster.

May 18, 2009

Get my freak on

Goals for this week:
- put some better fuel in my tank
- mix up the routine with some biking and other forms of exercise.

Monday, 18 May

Chilled at the track. Ran about 20+ minutes barefoot, much of that on the actual track. It's way softer than I remember. (That's what she said.) It felt great! Did some drills and a couple of strides. My legs feel good today. Although, I did have some tightness in my hips after I ran.

While I was at the track, I chatted up a kid I used to babysit who's now a junior in HS, and also another kid who's on the track team. He just made NCS in the 800 and the rest of the team is done practicing, so I felt a little sorry for him. There wasn't even a coach out there with him or anything. Apparently his mom is a really good half marathoner - I looked up her times and was very impressed. Anyways I timed him a bit and cooled down with him and hopefully wasn't too creepy. He seemed like a very nice kid and I hope he does well in his big meet. I'm going to really miss coaching!

Tuesday, 19 May
Gate to BV with a pickup at the BV m.m. 6:49 on the downhill way, then maybe 30 seconds rest, then 6:39 on the uphill way back. Got several comments on how fast I was running! It felt really good to run hard up there. Lovin' it.

Wednesday, 20 May
NFTC with Ian and Gibson. Feeling pretty good, but my calves are really sore so that was the limiting factor. Ran a bit barefoot, but the extra tad that stretched my calves actually made them feel worse.

Thursday, 21 May
Awesome run with Susan and Gustavo. Very chill Arroyo starting from Madison and going down Marengo. Came up through the aquatic center like we normally do. Shins were feeling a little bit iffy, but no serious pain. No running tomorrow.

Friday, 22 May
Mixitup day. Swam for 45 minutes, which wasn't as hard as it sounds because I mostly did drills focusing on arms or legs. Then I ran barefoot for 20 minutes on the south field, and did some drills during that 20 minutes. Finally I lifted, mostly with my legs. Trying to get some tone back!

Doyle is trying to get me to do a sprint triathlon at the end of June. We'll see about that.

Saturday, 23 May
Bike ride. Dave accompanied me for a little ways towards Clear Creek. I tried to keep it up-tempo since I wasn't going to ride for super long. It kind of worked but I did space out a lot. Also, when I was cranking away uphill my left knee kinda bothered me when I was pushing bigger gears, so I'm not sure what that was all about. Hopefully it won't bother me tomorrow. It took about 60 minutes to get up to Clear Creek from the base of the 2 and it took about 55 minutes to get from the top back down to egg pizza, so I was making good time. Pretty warm out.

Sunday, 24 May
Long run with Susan. Went from her house, then up San Rafael (front side of Patrician) and down to the RB and drank the gatorade I'd stashed there. Then we did the north trail ("otter pop" loop) and back on the east side, and around and back to her place on Walnut. It took 1:47 and was about 13 miles I think - a good solid run. I felt great the whole way and my calves/shins were fine. I felt particularly good the last 10 minutes or so - I might have even picked it up a bit but I told myself to settle down.

No comments: